Senior Python Engineer
At BleepBleeps, everyone is a problem solver. Together we have fun and work hard to build amazing products. We work in a small, close-knit team of designers, hardware and software engineers working together to create easy to use products that our customers love.
A back-end developer at BleepBleeps is an engineer who loves solving real world problems using best of breed technology with security and performance in mind.
BleepBleeps is looking for an experienced back-end developer who has seen products through prototyping, building and launch.
You will be a good fit for this role if you can identify with the following:
- Strong experience with Python and Django
- Experience with building APIs and collaborating with developers who will be consuming them
- Able to design efficient databases and solve for data-related performance issues
- Strong knowledge of AWS and Heroku infrastructure, load balancing and caching technologies
- Happy working at all levels of application development - prototyping, setting up, building and maintaining an application
- A passion for security at every level of application development
- Understand the importance of documenting features, writing tests and maintaining a quality codebase
- Start every project with a new puppet or chef script
- Take initiative to implement new technology and research best practices
- Have three or more years experience professionally building applications
- Able to work autonomously in a small collaborative team
- Have strong communication skills working on teams and with clients
Bonus points for
- a passion for user experience and getting involved in the design process
- an interest in the “internet of things” and knowledge of how cloud services play a role
- a love of making things!
If you don't fit the exact criteria above, please still feel free to apply. Our team is committed to self-improvement, growth and teaching one another.